Clinical Hypnosis Training in Costa Rica – Beach Retreats
Daybreak Costa Rica Clinical Hypnosis Trainings:
FOUNDATIONAL PROGRAM: Feb. 12th – Feb. 19th, 2019
MASTER CLINICIAN PROGRAM: Feb. 22nd – March 1st, 2019
Through Daybreak’s unique clinical hypnosis training programs, you will develop greater insight, confidence and skill as a Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapist (C.Hyp™). This year, we are offering TWO programs at this one extraordinary location:
Both programs provide an opportunity for you to roll up your sleeves and delve deeply into the role of the unconscious in psychotherapy.
Enjoy a sacred time and space for creative transformation, as you experience:
- The combination of a Professional Development event and meditation retreat
- A spectacular class-room setting overlooking the Pacific Ocean and a beautiful beach
- Collegial meals with fellow therapists — share ideas while being inspired by the breathtaking sunset views
- Formal hypnosis training time interspersed with plenty of free time for your leisurely exploration of Costa Rica
Note: If you have already completed the foundational program (or equivalent), scroll down further to read about our Master Clinician training intensive. When you register, simply click “Mastery Program” on the “Program” drop-down list (maximum 20 spots).
About The Foundational Hypnotherapy Program
Join an international network of mind-body-spirit practitioners trained in integrative psychotherapy.
Upon completion of the hypnosis training program, you will have everything you need to bring the art and practice of hypnotherapy into the transformational work you do with clients and patients.
You will learn how to:
- Integrate classical and clinical approaches to hypnosis in your medical or counselling practice
- Incorporate Ericksonian and holistic trance methodology into Psychotherapy, motivational counselling and/or patient advising
- Combine hypnosis with the interventions you are using now, such as: CBT, mindfulness and solution-focused brief interventions
- Effectively utilize trance-work for body-oriented psychotherapy approaches, especially in the context of trauma processing and recovery
- Assist clients in accessing their own “inner therapist” resources through a range of trauma-informed trance based techniques including: age regression, core belief work and Ego State / parts therapy
- Apply hypnotic protocols for anxiety, panic and OCD
- Offer clients and patients hypnosis-informed programming for pain management
- Blend hypnosis with integrative healing for habit reversal, weight loss and addiction
- Integrate energy medicine with evidence-based approaches to mental health treatment
Achievements Upon Program Completion
- Certification and designation of C.Hyp™ (Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapist) Practitioner
- Lifetime access to “Breaking the Worry Trance” – an online professional training program
- Start-up Kit complete with audio and video resources, forms, and marketing information
- Listing on Daybreak directory of Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapists
- Daybreak hypnosis training materials including: case studies and programming guidelines
- access to a 1-800 number for clinical consultation and ongoing support
About the Master Clinician Program
If you have already completed foundational training in Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy, now is your chance to sign up for our exclusive Master Clinician Program which is running at Hotel Diria in the week following our Foundational training.
This Master Clinician Program is focused on the following major areas:
- Advanced Clinical Practice
- Trauma and PTSD
- Inner Child and Ego State work
- Advanced co-morbid pain management techniques
- Case Studies and Case Conceptualizations
- Advanced Applications of Regression and deep mind-body healing in trace work
Each student is asked to bring 3 case studies to the small group training along with clinical challenge questions. Our immersion experience ensures that clinical challenges faced by C.Hyp™ practitioners are addressed. In addition, each student is given ample opportunity to practice clinical interventions in a supervised setting and delve into advanced applications of regression and deep mind-body healing work.
Following the training, individualized clinical mastery homework is given to each student.
Included in Clinical Mastery Training Program
- 5-day intensive class-room training in clinical practice, including: case studies; advanced regression applications; trauma-informed hypnosis; and psycho-spiritual healing in trance-work
- Certificate of Completion: Mastery In Clinical Hypnosis
- 1:1 follow-up clinical consultation with Daybreak Instructor
- Bi-monthly online peer supervision
- Day 1 Class-room focus: Trauma and PTSD intensive / Day 2 focus: Inner Child and Ego States Work / Day 3 focus: Advanced pain management and anxiety techniques. Day 4 focus: Advanced regression applications. Day 5 focus: Case Studies and Practice Day.
Pre-Requisites: You must be a successful graduate of the Daybreak Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy (C.Hyp)™ program or equivalent. You must be a regulated or registered mental health professional, trained in clinical counselling and legally permitted to practice psychotherapy or clinical counselling in your region.
About Your Trainer
Karen Day is a Master’s trained Registered Social Worker specializing in holistic psychotherapy and integrative approaches to mental health. She is the President of Daybreak Therapy and Training, and has over twenty-five years of combined experience in the provision of mental health services, crisis and trauma counselling, and clinical social work practice, teaching and supervision.
Karen is Past-President of the Canadian Society of Clinical Hypnosis – Ontario Division, and continues to teach clinical hypnosis to mental health professionals in the Toronto area through the Society and as adjunct faculty with the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine.
In addition, She has both received and provided extensive training internationally in the areas of clinical hypnotherapy, mindfulness-based approaches to psychotherapy, energy medicine, and Ericksonian-based psychotherapy.
What Makes This Hypnosis Training Unique
(besides the groovy Costa Rica location)
These programs are highly specialized in the integration of clinical hypnotherapy into holistic and mind-body-spirit counselling, mental health and psychotherapy. The program is exclusive to trained and regulated (or registered) mental health and counselling professionals. In this way, you are guaranteed to be training with peer colleagues in a small and dynamic, interactive group setting.
The programming is unique in its blending of both classical and clinical styles of hypnosis, giving you a truly comprehensive knowledge base and solid foundation from which to draw upon in your work with diverse groups of clients.
Intensive and Experiential Approach
Our courses are experiential and practice-based. You won’t be wasting any time listening to boring lectures – it’s assumed you already did enough of that in your university training. Now, you’ll be asked to “hit the ground running” on incorporating hypnotherapy into the clinical work you already have training in and know exactly how to do!
Your Program Itinerary will include a great mix of intensive training and “down time” each day to rest on a hammock, take in a spa service on the beach, watch the hummingbirds, or explore the local area. We allot one retreat day as an optional group activity. Many attendees book their class-free day as a special excursion (eg: horseback riding, zip-lining, waterfall visiting). Special excursions can be arranged for an additional charge.
Day 1: Arrival Day: Feb.12th for Foundational students / Feb.22nd for Mastery students
Days 2 – 3: Class-room content days (9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
Day 4: Retreat day (no class) / Optional group excursion
Days 5-6: Class-room content days (1:00 – 6:00 p.m.)
Day 7: Retreat day (no class) / Optional group excursion & Clinical Coffee Huddle
Day 8: Departure Day: Feb.19th for Foundational students / March 1st for Mastery students
Training Venue and Hotel Booking Info
This year’s retreat program is being held at the luxury resort, Hotel Diria in Tamarindo.
The Hotel Tamarindo Diria is a wonderful getaway that sits along a stretch of white sand beach and is surrounded by lush green mountains and national parks, on the most famous Costa Rican beach: Tamarindo Beach, in the Golden Coast region of Costa Rica.
Closest Airport: Liberia, Costa Rica
Participants can choose to stay at the Hotel Diria or any other hotel or condo in the Tamarindo area (our training venue is within walking distance of most hotels, condos and AirBnBs – Tamarindo is a very small town).
If you are wanting to reserve a room at Hotel Diria, we recommend you BOOK EARLY, since this is a very popular resort which will sell out, as we are meeting in the “high season.” Hotel Diria is offering Daybreak retreat participants a 20% discounted rate on our block of hotel rooms. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY 10 ROOMS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE GROUP BLOCK. These rooms are expected to sell out well before the December 1st registration deadline.
To book Hotel Diria at your special Daybreak rate, follow these steps:
- Contact the hotel to book your room, and ask for the Daybreak Rate.
- Ensure that you purchase your Daybreak training retreat immediately before or after booking your room. Use the same name on the Daybreak retreat registration, as you used on the hotel booking page. Any names registered into the room block but not registered into a Daybreak retreat WILL BE REMOVED within 48 hours of booking.
- If you need help with your booking at Hotel Diria, contact Natalia Solano: [email protected]
Cost and What’s Included
Your registration includes:
- 24/7 access to Daybreak staff to help ensure your hassle-free training and vacation experience
- Foundational OR Advanced Training Program
- If taking Foundational program: 100 Hour hypnosis training certification program with 50% completed in-person, and 50% completed virtually: video-taped recordings and in-field (case study practice and out-of-class clinical consultations). Training approved for continuing education hours with various organizations including the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
- C.Hyp™ Practitioner designation and certificate upon successful completion of Program
- Membership in Daybreak Network, with listing on referral database
- All hypnosis training materials including Case studies, scripts, protocols and audio/visual materials
- Access to 1-800 clinical consultation telephone line for six months following completion of the Program
YOUR FEE DOES NOT COVER ACCOMMODATIONS/MEALS/FLIGHT NOR GROUND TRANSPORTATION.
WE ARE HAPPY TO ARRANGE GROUND TRANSPORTATION SERVICES FOR YOU (GROUP OR PRIVATE SHUTTLE) FROM LIBERIA AIRPORT. THE FEE WILL DEPEND ON TIME OF ARRIVAL. WE CAN ALSO ASSIST WITH TRAVEL QUESTIONS AND/OR COORDINATION DETAILS – PLEASE CONTACT US FOR MORE INFO
Cancellations must be made prior to December 1st, 2018. In such a case, the cost of training will be refunded, minus a $100 processing and administrative fee.
Registration closes Dec.1st or when retreat is filled – whichever comes first.
To register now: Choose your desired program at the top of this page. Click “add to cart” and you will be directed to a registration page. If the program is already sold out, you will NOT be directed to this page — instead, you will receive a “Sold out” message.
Upon payment and registration, you will be immediately provided with a receipt and confirmation details. Within 24 hours, you will also receive a follow-up electronic Welcome Package which will include the following:
- Name and cell phone number for your personal concierge – a Daybreak associate who you can contact anytime for information about your upcoming training trip to Costa Rica;
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (FAQ) and helpful tips;
- Confirmation Details;
- Info Form for you to fill out on your professional counselling credentials and preferred program option: Foundational or Advanced. Please note this training program is exclusively for psychotherapy professionals. If you do not qualify for the training, your registration will be cancelled, and 100% payment returned within 24 hours.
If you do not receive this Welcome Package in your email within 24 hours, please check your spam folder, and/or contact us.
Here’s the link to register now