Clinical Hypnosis Training in Los Cabos – Beach Retreat
$700.00 – $850.00
Beach Retreat Training – Los Cabos, Mexico
March 9th – 16th, 2019
Through Daybreak’s unique clinical hypnosis training programs, you will develop greater insight, confidence and skill as a Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapist (C.Hyp™). This year, we are offering TWO programs at this one extraordinary location:
Both programs provide an opportunity for you to roll up your sleeves and delve deeply into the role of the unconscious in psychotherapy.
Enjoy a sacred time and space for creative transformation, as you experience:
- The combination of a Professional Development event and restful retreat
- A gorgeous ocean-side venue with miles of beautiful white sand beach
- Collegial meals and networking time with fellow therapists — share ideas while being inspired by the breathtaking sunset views
- Formal hypnosis training time interspersed with plenty of free time for your leisurely exploration of the Los Cabos area
About Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy Certification – FOUNDATIONAL
(Scroll down if you already have Foundational certification, and are interested in our Refresher Intensive).
Join an international network of mind-body-spirit practitioners trained in integrative psychotherapy. Upon completion of this foundational training program, you will have everything you need to bring the art and practice of hypnotherapy into the transformational work you do with clients and patients.
You will learn how to:
- Integrate classical and clinical approaches to hypnosis in your medical or counselling practice
- Incorporate Ericksonian and holistic trance methodology into Psychotherapy, motivational counselling and/or patient advising
- Combine hypnosis with the interventions you are using now, such as: CBT, mindfulness and solution-focused brief interventions
- Effectively utilize trance-work for body-oriented psychotherapy approaches, especially in the context of trauma processing and recovery
- Assist clients in accessing their own “inner therapist” resources through a range of trauma-informed trance based techniques including: age regression, core belief work and Ego State / parts therapy
- Apply hypnotic protocols for anxiety, panic and OCD
- Offer clients and patients hypnosis-informed programming for pain management
- Blend hypnosis with integrative healing for habit reversal, weight loss and addiction
- Integrate energy medicine with evidence-based approaches to mental health treatment
- Certification and designation of C.Hyp™ (Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapist) Practitioner
- Lifetime access to “Breaking the Worry Trance” – an online professional training program
- Lifetime access to “Advanced Clinical Hypnosis” – online professional training series
- Start-up Kit complete with audio and video resources, forms, and marketing information
- Listing on Daybreak directory of Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapists
- Daybreak hypnosis training materials including: case studies and programming guidelines
- Access to a 1-800 number for clinical consultation and ongoing support
About Our Refresher Intensive
If you already have foundational training in Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy, Our Refresher Intensive program is perfect for you! You’ll enjoy sitting in on “refresher” classes while also being part of a practical immersion group of students who already have the basics, and are giving themselves the gift of more practice time. You’ll be practicing off-script and in small groups, writing your own inductions and developing customized programs. Your instructor will help you build up the confidence you need through in-depth case reviews and an analysis of hypnotic strategies you’re using now. You’ll be feeling super-charged in your skill development and beaming with confidence faster than you can say Cabo San Lucas (alright, maybe not THAT fast, but pretty quickly).
About Your Trainer:
Heidi is a senior clinical advisor and C.Hyp™ Instructor with Daybreak Therapy and Training. Her theoretical framework includes cognitive-behavioural, narrative, solution-focused, and feminist approaches. Heidi has specialized training in lifestyle wellness and more specifically disordered-eating. In her Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy practice, she uses an integrative model to assist clients with a range of issues including: anxiety/depression-management, stress reduction, smoking cessation, addiction issues, assertiveness-training, and communication/relationship skills.
Heidi lives and works in Prince George, BC. She is based at the Northern Centre for Integrative Medicine work. She graduated from the University of Calgary in 2008 with a Masters of Counselling (MC) and is a Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC).
What Makes This Hypnosis Training Unique
(besides the groovy beach location)
This training is highly specialized in the integration of clinical hypnotherapy into holistic counselling, mental health and psychotherapy. The program is exclusive to trained and regulated (or registered) mental health and counselling professionals. In this way, you are guaranteed to be training with peer colleagues in a small and dynamic, interactive group setting. A maximum of 20 students are admitted.
The programming is unique in its blending of both classical and clinical styles of hypnosis, giving you a truly comprehensive knowledge base and solid foundation from which to draw upon in your work with diverse groups of clients.
This course is experiential and practice-based. You won’t be wasting any time listening to boring lectures – it’s assumed you already did enough of that in your university training. Now, you’ll be asked to “hit the ground running” on incorporating hypnotherapy into the clinical work you already have training in and know exactly how to do!
Your Program Itinerary will include a great mix of intensive training and “down time” each day to rest on a hammock, take in a spa service on the beach, or explore the local area. We allot one full retreat day as an optional group activity. Many attendees book their class-free day as a special excursion. Special excursions can be arranged for an additional charge.
Day 1: Arrival Day: March 9th, 2019 (check-in day)
Days 2 – 6: Class-room content days (5 day training program, with 3-4 hour daily blocks of relaxation time)
Day 7: Retreat day (no class) / Optional group excursion
Days 8: Departure Day: March 16th, 2019
This year’s retreat program is being held at the very popular, 4.5 rated star resort, Holiday Inn Los Cabos. We chose this all inclusive ocean-front venue for its convenient and wonderful location — it is nestled between the white sandy beaches of San José Del Cabo and the Sierra de San Lázaro Mountains. You will be only a 10-15 minute drive from the San Jose Del Cabo airport, and only a 25 minute drive from the very popular tourist town of Cabo San Lucas.
Los Cabos is a wonderful getaway area known not only as a celebrity hot-spot and sought after “A-list destination” but also as a mecca for natural beauty. We appreciate the incredible biodiversity that can be found all around. You’ll find yourself on a beach, surrounded by nearby desert, majestic mountain ranges, and the stunning Sea of Cortez.
Closest Airport: San Jose Del Cabo
If you are wanting to reserve a room at our training venue, we recommend that you BOOK EARLY, since this is a high demand resort which will sell out, as we are meeting in the “high season.”
Your registration fee includes:
- 24/7 access to Daybreak staff to help ensure your hassle-free training and vacation experience
- Foundational Certificate Training Program: 100 Hour hypnosis training certification program with 50% completed in-person, and 50% completed virtually: video-taped recordings and in-field (case study practice and out-of-class clinical consultations). Training approved for continuing education hours with various organizations including the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
- C.Hyp™ Practitioner designation and certificate upon successful completion of Program
- All benefits and content regarding Daybreak’s Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy certification
- Membership in Daybreak Network, with listing on referral database
- All hypnosis training materials including Case studies, scripts, protocols and audio/visual materials
- Access to 1-800 clinical consultation telephone line for 6 months following completion of the Program
YOUR FEE DOES NOT COVER ACCOMMODATIONS/MEALS/FLIGHT NOR GROUND TRANSPORTATION.
We highly recommend booking flights and hotels together through a vacation outlet (eg: Air Canada, Expedia, WestJet), as you are likely to find a much cheaper price that includes food and drinks. We are happy to help you with the process and answer any questions you have. Just contact us anytime to start your planning 🙂
Here are some e-links to information on all inclusive Los Cabos air/hotel packages for our training venue:
Cancellations must be made prior to December 1st, 2018. In such a case, the cost of training will be refunded, minus a $100 processing and administrative fee.
Please note that a maximum of 20 students are accepted into our retreat programs to maintain our commitment to high quality immersion experiences for practitioners. Last year’s foundational beach retreats sold out in advance of our closing date.
To register now: Simply click “add to cart” at top of this page, and you will be directed to a registration page. If the program is already sold out, you will NOT be directed to this page — instead, you will receive a “Sold out” message.
Upon payment and registration, you will be immediately provided with a receipt and confirmation details. You will also receive immediate access to training videos (you can view these videos anytime, but we recommend you wait until after the retreat’s foundational program).
- Name and cell phone number for your personal concierge – a Daybreak associate who you can contact anytime for information about your upcoming training trip ;
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (FAQ) and helpful tips;
- Confirmation Details;
- Info Form for you to fill out on your professional counselling credentials. Please note this training program is exclusively for psychotherapy and counselling professionals. If you do not qualify for the training, your registration will be cancelled, and 100% payment returned.
- If you do not receive this Welcome Package in your email within 48 hours, please check your spam folder, and/or contact us.
Foundational, Refresher Intensive