Certificate Training For Mental Health Professionals
Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapist (C.Hyp™) Practitioner
Earn your designation today and transform your clinical practice
Start with Online Training. Enjoy Lifetime Clinical Mentorship.
Your program starts with a 100 hour online training program. But that's JUST the beginning.
Trauma Informed and Evidence Based
Learn to integrate clinical hypnosis with best practices in psychotherapy.
Earn 100 CE Hours
Accredited and widely approved certification for mental health professionals
Join An International Network of Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapists
Upon completion of this program, you'll join an international network of psychotherapy professionals bringing the art and practice of clinical hypnotherapy into counselling. You will gain the skills needed to:
- Merge clinical hypnosis interventions safely within a trauma-informed psychotherapeutic framework
- Integrate both classical and clinical approaches to hypnosis into your medical or clinical counselling practice
- Combine hypnosis with the interventions you are using now, such as: CBT, mindfulness and SFBT
- Practice Trance-Based Mindfulness Interventions
- Apply hypnotherapy interventions with anxiety and mood disorders
- Effectively utilize trance-work for body-oriented psychotherapy approaches, especially in the context of trauma processing and recovery
- Assist clients in accessing their own “inner therapist” resources through a range of trance-work techniques including: age regression, ego state and core belief work
- Apply hypnotic protocols for anxiety, panic and OCD based on an integrative healing model
- Offer clients and patients hypnosis informed programming for pain management
- Provide hypnotherapy in conjunction with an integrative healing approach for habit reversal, weight loss and addiction
- Integrate energy medicine and psycho-spiritual healing with evidence-based approaches to mental health treatment
- Describe and present user-friendly client tools for understanding the role of the unconscious in mind-body healing
What Some of Our Graduates Are Doing
Nancy's expertise includes:
- Group hypnosis workshops
- CBT and clinical hypnosis
- Chronic illness management
Bing Yi-Pan's expertise includes:
- Music therapy and hypnosis
- Youth counselling with hypnotherapy
- Mindfulness and clinical hypnosis programming
Azadeh's expertise includes:
- Trauma and PTSD with hypnosis
- Motivational hypnosis
- Chronic pain management
Farzana's expertise includes:
- Anti-oppressive and holistic psychotherapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy with hypnosis
- Psychodynamic trance-based interventions
Dr. Smrz's expertise includes:
- Naturopathic medicine & hypnosis
- Hypnosis and pain management
- Digestive restoration with trance interventions
Dr. Tilley's expertise includes:
- Narrative and CBT with clinical hypnosis
- Trance interventions with ADHD
- Depression, anxiety and clinical hypnotherapy
Jason's expertise includes:
- EMDR and hypnosis work with complex trauma
- Gestalt and integrative hypnotherapy
- Ego state therapy / parts hypnosis
What Is Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy
Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy is an approach to holistic psychotherapy which integrates trance-based interventions with outcome-oriented tools for cognitive and behavioural change. A Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapist (C.Hyp™) Practitioner is first and foremost a regulated /registered counselling professional. The clinical hypnosis programming is highly individualized and tailored to each client's unique therapy goals, preferences and stage of change.
Hypnotherapy is NOT offered as a stand-alone set of techniques or protocols, but as a powerful adjunct to the clinical counselling process. Our faculty are extensively trained in Ericksonian and Trance Based Mindfulness Informed approaches to mental health, trauma and addictions work. This means that we specialize in the application of hypnosis within an established model of clinical counselling such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Solution Focused Brief, and/or Narrative therapy, among others.
A Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapist (C.Hyp™) Practitioner is committed to integrating both hypnosis and mindfulness into professional therapy services, and views trance work as a highly individualized process for gently awakening an internal “healer’s consciousness.” Daybreak's C.Hyp™ Practitioners are also trained in teaching clients self-hypnosis to access and transform unconscious forces (including limiting beliefs, thought patterns and behaviours) that may be getting in the way of liberated potential.
Frequently Asked Questions
About Your Lead Instructor
Karen Day is a Master’s trained Registered Social Worker specializing in holistic psychotherapy and integrative approaches to mental health. She is the President of Daybreak Therapy and Training, and has over twenty years of combined experience in the provision of mental health services, crisis and trauma counselling, and clinical social work practice, teaching and supervision.
Karen is Past-President of the Canadian Society of Clinical Hypnosis – Ontario Division, and continues to teach clinical hypnosis to mental health professionals in the Toronto area through the Society and as adjunct faculty with the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine.
In addition, she has both received and provided extensive training internationally in the areas of clinical hypnotherapy, mindfulness-based approaches to psychotherapy, energy medicine, and Ericksonian-based psychotherapy.
Spring Registration Window NOW OPEN
We open up this popular online-based training certification program only twice per year. Our program registration window is now open for our next session which begins:
April 25th - 29th, 2019
Smaller group in-depth intensive training is a big part of our recipe for success. For this reason, we cap registration at 50 people maximum.
To register now, click on our REGISTER NOW page. If the training is already sold out, you will receive a “Sold out” message.
Upon payment and registration, you will be immediately provided with a receipt and confirmation details. Within 24 hours, you will also receive a follow-up electronic Welcome Package which will include the following:
- Name and cell phone number for your personal concierge – a Daybreak associate who you can contact anytime for information about your upcoming training;
- Confirmation Details;
- Info Form for customized training for you to fill out and return to us.
- If you do not qualify for the training, you will be given a full refund within 24 hours.
If you do not receive this Welcome Package in your email within 24 hours, please check your spam folder, and/or Contact Us.
Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy (C.Hyp™) Certificate Training
- Certificate of completion and use of trademark C.Hyp™
- 100 CE hour curriculum plus ongoing professional development through Daybreak Network
- Lifetime access to "Breaking The Worry Trance" e-training
- Lifetime access to "Advanced Clinical Hypnosis" e-training
- Bi-monthly group supervision through Daybreak's Network of Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapists
- Professional listing on Daybreak's e-directory of Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapists
- Course E-Handbook and accompanying hand-out package
- Start-up Kit that includes audio and video resources, forms, and client tools
- Programming Guidelines for regression work, trauma processing, fears and phobias, and more