A Sacred Time and Space
We view this training as a sacred opportunity to roll up your sleeves and delve deeply into the role of the unconscious in psychotherapy. We promise that you'll enjoy protected time and space for creative transformation, as you experience:
- The combination of a Professional Development event and meditation retreat
- A spectacular class-room setting that is literally steps away from a beautiful beach
- Collegial meals with fellow therapists -- share ideas while being inspired by the breathtaking sunset views
- Formal hypnosis training interspersed with plenty of free time for your leisurely exploration of Costa Rica
About The Program
Upon completion of this foundational hypnosis training, you will have everything you need to bring the art and practice of Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy into the transformational work you do with clients and patients.
You will learn how to:
- Integrate classical and clinical approaches to hypnosis in your medical or counselling practice
- Incorporate Ericksonian and holistic trance methodology into Psychotherapy, motivational counselling and/or patient advising
- Combine hypnosis with the interventions you are using now, such as: CBT, mindfulness and solution-focused brief interventions
- Effectively utilize trance-work for body-oriented psychotherapy approaches, especially in the context of trauma processing and recovery
- Assist clients in accessing their own “inner therapist” resources through a range of trauma-informed trance based techniques including: age regression, core belief work and Ego State / parts therapy
- Apply hypnotic protocols for anxiety, panic and OCD
- Offer clients and patients hypnosis-informed programming for pain management
- Blend hypnosis with integrative healing for habit reversal and addiction issues
- Integrate energy medicine with evidence-based approaches to mental health treatment
Achievements Upon Program Completion:
- Certification and designation of C.Hyp™ (Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapist) Practitioner
- Lifetime access to “Breaking the Worry Trance” - an online professional training program
- Lifetime access to e-library complete with audio and video resources, forms, and client tools
- Listing on Daybreak directory of Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapists
- Daybreak hypnosis training materials including: case studies and programming guidelines
- Detailed guidelines for fears and phobias, inner child work, and regression work from a trauma-informed and phase-oriented model of practice
- access to a 1-800 number for clinical consultation and ongoing support
On-site Combined With Distance Learning
Your hypnosis training begins with an intensive in-person classroom hypnosis training (Phase 1). You will then be automatically enrolled into the Daybreak Distance Hybrid program (no additional cost). Through the Distance program, you will be provided with easy access to videotaped recordings of all Phase 2 and Phase 3 class sessions (to be viewed at your own pace), along with regular webinar-based check-in meetings with faculty to ensure continued progress and momentum. You will be required to complete 3 case studies and two phone-based clinical consultations prior to certification (we allow up to 3 months for program completion, but most students complete all program requirements within 6-8 weeks of their in-class training intensive).
You must be a regulated or registered mental health professional, trained in clinical counselling and legally permitted to practice psychotherapy or clinical counselling in your region.
Early Registration Recommended
This training will sell out, and we recommend registering early due to limited space capacity.
What Makes This Training Unique
Trauma-Informed Clinical Focus
Our training is highly specialized in the integration of clinical hypnotherapy within a trauma-informed psychotherapy framework. The program is exclusive to trained and regulated (or registered) mental health and counselling professionals. In this way, you are guaranteed to be training with peer colleagues in a dynamic and interactive group setting. We allow no more than 20 attendees, so that each student's unique clinical situations are addressed in a high quality small group experiential. Through the case studies and challenges/scenarios you bring from your own practice to this training, we offer in-depth, practical and "real-life" tools that you can use for immediate applications with clients.
The programming is unique in its blending of both classical and clinical styles of hypnosis, giving you a truly comprehensive knowledge base and solid foundation from which to draw upon in your depth work with diverse groups of clients.
Intensive and Experiential Approach
Our courses are experiential and practice-based. You won’t be wasting any time listening to boring lectures - it’s assumed you already did enough of that in your university training. Now, you’ll be asked to “hit the ground running” on incorporating hypnotherapy into the clinical work you already have training in and know exactly how to do!
Your Program Itinerary will include a great mix of intensive training and "down time" each day to rest on a hammock, take in a spa service on the beach, watch the monkeys, or explore the local area. We allot one retreat day as an optional group activity. Many attendees book their class-free day as a special excursion (eg: horseback riding, zip-lining, waterfall visiting). Special excursions can be arranged for an additional charge.
Sat. Feb.8th, 2019: Arrival Day
Sun. Feb.9th: Day 1 class-room: 9:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Mon. Feb.10th: Day 2 class-room: 9:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Tues. Feb.11th: Integration day (free day)
Wed. Feb.12th: Day 3 class-room: 1:00 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.
Thur. Feb.13th: Day 4 class-room: 1:00 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.
Fri. Feb.14th: Morning coffee & clinical huddle / Free afternoon / Closing sundown ceremony
Sat. Feb.15th: Departure Day
Hotel Venue and Booking Details
This year's retreat program is being held at the luxury resort, Hotel Diria in Tamarindo.
The Hotel Tamarindo Diria is a wonderful getaway that sits along a stretch of white sand beach and is surrounded by lush green mountains and national parks, on the most famous Costa Rican beach: Tamarindo Beach, in the Golden Coast region of Costa Rica.
Closest Airport: Liberia, Costa Rica
Important note: Participants can choose to stay at the Hotel Diria OR any other hotel or condo in the Tamarindo area (our training venue is within walking distance of most hotels, condos and AirBnBs - Tamarindo is a very small town).
If you are wanting to reserve a room at Hotel Diria, we recommend you BOOK EARLY, since this is a very popular resort which is likely to sell out, as we are meeting in the "high season." Hotel Diria is offering Daybreak retreat participants a 20% discounted rate on our block of hotel rooms. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY 10 ROOMS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE GROUP BLOCK. These rooms are expected to sell out well before the December 1st registration deadline.
To book Hotel Diria at your special Daybreak rate, follow these steps:
- Register for this Daybreak Training Event (click registration button below)
- You will be sent a Daybreak code to use when booking under the Daybreak group rate.
Program Registration Details
Your registration includes:
- 24/7 access to Daybreak staff to help ensure your hassle-free training and vacation experience
- C.Hyp™ Practitioner designation and certificate upon successful completion of Program
- 100 Hour clinical hypnosis training program with 50% completed in-person, and 50% completed virtually (through post-classroom e-modules and in-field / case study practice, along with follow-up clinical consultations/supervision). Training approved for continuing education hours with various organizations including the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
- Membership in Daybreak Network, with listing on referral database
- All hypnosis training materials including Case studies, scripts, protocols and audio/visual materials
- Access to 1-800 clinical consultation telephone line for six months following completion of the Program
WE ARE HAPPY TO ARRANGE GROUND TRANSPORTATION SERVICES FOR YOU (GROUP OR PRIVATE SHUTTLE) FROM LIBERIA AIRPORT. THE FEE WILL DEPEND ON TIME OF ARRIVAL. WE CAN ALSO ASSIST WITH TRAVEL QUESTIONS AND/OR COORDINATION DETAILS - PLEASE CONTACT US FOR MORE INFO.
Cancellations made within 48 hours of purchase order will be refunded fully. Any other type of cancellation must be made prior to the registration closing deadline: December 1st, 2019. In such a case, the cost of training will be refunded, minus a $150 processing and administrative fee. For any cancellations made after the closing deadline: a voucher will be issued for entrance into any other Daybreak training event (of equal or lesser value, or combination of events that amount to equal or lesser value) at any place or time. You can use the voucher anytime, there is no expiry date.
Please don't hesitate to contact us anytime by clicking here or by contacting Karen:
1-844-680-7685 x 1 (toll-free in US and Canada)
About Your Instructor
Karen Day, MSW, RSW, C.Hyp
Karen Day is a Master’s trained Registered Social Worker specializing in holistic psychotherapy and integrative approaches to mental health. She is the President of Daybreak Therapy and Training, and has over twenty-five years of combined experience in the provision of mental health services, crisis and trauma counselling, and clinical social work practice, teaching and supervision.
Karen is Past-President of the Canadian Society of Clinical Hypnosis - Ontario Division, and continues to teach clinical hypnosis to mental health professionals in the Toronto area through the Society and as adjunct faculty with the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine. In addition, she has both received and provided extensive training internationally in the areas of clinical hypnotherapy, mindfulness-based approaches to psychotherapy, energy medicine, and Ericksonian-based psychotherapy.
With her colleagues at Daybreak Therapy and Training, she believes strongly in the innate wisdom and healing potential of every individual, and the unique inter-connections of body, mind and spirit.