Dive Deeper Into Clinical Mastery
We view this training as a sacred opportunity to roll up your sleeves and delve deeply into advanced applications of clinical hypnosis in your psychotherapy practice. We promise that you'll enjoy protected time and space for creative reflection as you experience:
- The combination of a Professional Development event and meditation retreat
- A spectacular class-room setting that is literally steps away from a beautiful beach
- Collegial meals with fellow therapists -- share ideas while being inspired by the breathtaking sunset views
- Formal hypnosis training interspersed with plenty of free time for your leisurely exploration of Costa Rica
About The Program
This mastery intensive is focused on the following major areas:
- Advanced clinical practice techniques in merging hypnotherapy with CBT;
- Advanced co-morbid pain management interventions;
- Inner Child and Ego-State work in trauma-informed practice;
- In-depth applications of regression and deep mind-body healing.
Each student is asked to bring 3 case studies along with clinical challenge questions. Our small group immersion experience (maximum 12 students) ensures that complexities faced by C.Hyp™ Practitioners are addressed. In addition, each student is given ample opportunity to practice interventions in a supervised setting and delve into advanced protocols and practices. Following the training, individualized clinical mastery homework is given to each student.
Sat. Feb.22nd, 2019: Arrival Day
Sun. Feb.23rd: Day 1 class: 9:30 - 4:30 p.m. /Focus: Trauma and PTSD / Regression techniques and guidelines
Mon. Feb.24th: Day 2 class: 9:30 - 4:30 p.m./Focus: Inner Child and Ego State Work
Tues. Feb.25th: Integration day (free day)
Wed. Feb.26th: Day 3 class: 1:00 p.m. - 6:15 p.m./Focus: Advanced Pain Management
Thur. Feb.27th: Day 4 class: 1:00 p.m. - 6:15 p.m./Focus: CBT and Trance Based Mindfulness Interventions (TBMI)
Fri. Feb.28th: Day 5 class: Morning coffee & clinical huddle / Free afternoon / Closing sundown ceremony
Sat. Feb.29th: Departure Day
You must be a successful graduate of the Daybreak Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy (C.Hyp™) program or equivalent. You must be a regulated or registered mental health professional, trained in clinical counselling and legally permitted to practice psychotherapy or clinical counselling in your region.
Hotel Venue and Booking Details
This year's retreat program is being held at the luxury resort, Hotel Diria in Tamarindo.
The Hotel Tamarindo Diria is a wonderful getaway that sits along a stretch of white sand beach and is surrounded by lush green mountains and national parks, on the most famous Costa Rican beach: Tamarindo Beach, in the Golden Coast region of Costa Rica.
Closest Airport: Liberia, Costa Rica
Important note: Participants can choose to stay at the Hotel Diria OR any other hotel or condo in the Tamarindo area (our training venue is within walking distance of most hotels, condos and AirBnBs - Tamarindo is a very small town).
If you are wanting to reserve a room at Hotel Diria, we recommend you BOOK EARLY, since this is a very popular resort which is likely to sell out, as we are meeting in the "high season." Hotel Diria is offering Daybreak retreat participants a 20% discounted rate on our block of hotel rooms. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY 10 ROOMS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE GROUP BLOCK. These rooms are expected to sell out well before the December 1st registration deadline.
To book Hotel Diria at your special Daybreak rate, follow these steps:
- Register for this Daybreak Training Event (click registration button below)
- You will be sent a Daybreak code to use when booking under the Daybreak group rate.
Program Registration Details
Your registration includes:
- C.Hyp™ Master Practitioner designation and certificate upon successful completion of Program.
- 40 CEU Hour class-room curriculum. 1 case conceptualization and follow-up clinical consultation will be required, prior to certification.
- Lifetime access to Master Clinician E-Library.
- All hypnosis training materials including Case studies, scripts, protocols and audio/visual materials.
- Free access to Coaching Academy and all 2020 online programs.
- Access to 1-800 clinical consultation telephone line for six months following completion of the Program.
WE ARE HAPPY TO ARRANGE GROUND TRANSPORTATION SERVICES FOR YOU (GROUP OR PRIVATE SHUTTLE) FROM LIBERIA AIRPORT. THE FEE WILL DEPEND ON TIME OF ARRIVAL. WE CAN ALSO ASSIST WITH TRAVEL QUESTIONS AND/OR COORDINATION DETAILS - PLEASE CONTACT US FOR MORE INFO.
Cancellations made within 48 hours of purchase order will be refunded fully. Any other type of cancellation must be made prior to the registration closing deadline: December 1st, 2019. In such a case, the cost of training will be refunded, minus a $150 processing and administrative fee. For any cancellations made after the closing deadline: a voucher will be issued for entrance into any other Daybreak training event (of equal or lesser value, or combination of events that amount to equal or lesser value) at any place or time. You can use the voucher anytime, there is no expiry date.
Please don't hesitate to contact us anytime by clicking here or by contacting Karen:
1-844-680-7685 x 1 (toll-free in US and Canada)
About Your Instructor
Karen Day, MSW, RSW, C.Hyp
Karen Day is a Master’s trained Registered Social Worker specializing in holistic psychotherapy and integrative approaches to mental health. She is the President of Daybreak Therapy and Training, and has over twenty-five years of combined experience in the provision of mental health services, crisis and trauma counselling, and clinical social work practice, teaching and supervision.
Karen is Past-President of the Canadian Society of Clinical Hypnosis - Ontario Division, and continues to teach clinical hypnosis to mental health professionals in the Toronto area through the Society and as adjunct faculty with the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine. In addition, she has both received and provided extensive training internationally in the areas of clinical hypnotherapy, mindfulness-based approaches to psychotherapy, energy medicine, and Ericksonian-based psychotherapy.
With her colleagues at Daybreak Therapy and Training, she believes strongly in the innate wisdom and healing potential of every individual, and the unique inter-connections of body, mind and spirit.